Egg donor IVF is a safe and effective treatment that involves a known or anonymous donor giving her eggs to help the intended parent(s) conceive. In this procedure, the egg(s) are retrieved from the donor and fertilized with sperm from the intended father or a donor in the laboratory. The fertilized eggs (now called embryos) are transferred into the uterus of a gestational carrier or the recipient woman.
Who should consider using an egg donor?
Egg donors may be considered for:
- Women with early menopause or of advanced reproductive age
- Women who are carriers of a genetic disease
- Single male or same-sex male couples that wish to have children
- Women with low ovarian reserve (low number of eggs)
- Women who have undergone cancer treatment
- Women with eggs that have not responded to fertility medications or IVF
How successful is egg donor IVF?
Egg donor IVF has an average birth rate of 54% per embryo transfer1
Egg Donor Program
The Egg Donation program at CReATe Fertility Toronto is open to all recipient individuals who have been thoroughly assessed by the fertility physician and meet the criteria for consideration. All egg donors will be assessed by our team of specialists:
- Medication history, genetic factors and infection diseases (HIV, Hepatitis C)
- History of successful pregnancies and egg donations
- Psychological and legal screening
- Blood, drug and ultrasound tests
CReATe Fertility Toronto works with several accredited egg donation agencies and can help you find the right donor. The recipient and donor (i.e. family, friend or anonymous donor) will undergo infertility counseling to fully understand the donation process, procedural risks and legal implications of opting into the donor program.
- Tests to Diagnose Infertility in Women
- Tests to Diagnose Infertility in Men
- Intrauterine Insemination (IUI)
- In-Vitro Fertilization (IVF)
- Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI)
- Cycle Monitoring
- Counseling for Infertility